Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What Does it Say?!

My interest in Manchester’s history piqued when I began training for the Manchester City Marathon. As my training runs get longer, there are only so many things I can do to pass the time. Options include: (1) hallucinate, (2) dream of devouring a Crescent Beach pizza from Portland Pie Co., or (3) stare at unique buildings.

Having executed the third option on a recent 13-mile run, I noticed this partial sign on 341 Elm, home to the Manchester Music Mill and Van Otis Chocolates:


To my surprise, it only took me a short time on nhdeeds.com to make a solid guess that the sign was for Goulet Supply Company, Inc., a plumbing, heating, and cooling supply business that operated in the building during (at least) the 1970s. 

Now, I wonder if I can figure out what happened to the other part of the sign....

To Be Continued.

P.S. Trust me on the pizza choice. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment